Welcome to PSHE/SMSC
Personal, Social and Health Economic Education aims to enable each student to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to stay healthy, safe and prepare them for life and work in modern Britain. Our students will be encouraged to participate fully and discuss, reflect on and form their own opinions and views about the World around them. PSHE education supports students to achieve their academic potential, and leave school equipped with skills they will need throughout later life.
The key aims of this programme are to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility
- Develop a healthy, safer lifestyle
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- Acquire knowledge and understanding about becoming informed citizens
- Develop skills of enquiry and communication
Mr K Cochrane (Associate School Leader)
Tutors expect all pupils to:
- Participate fully in the active tutorial sessions
- Respect the views of others
- Listen to the views of others and form their own opinions
- Be able to give reasons for their opinions
- Be sensitive to the needs and lifestyles of others
The course content is designed to enable students to become well rounded citizens who are able to make informed decisions and understand the World around them.
All students are taught weekly by their tutors through their active tutorial sessions throughout their time of Newark Academy. Students will engage in drop down days which cover all aspects of PSHE, SMSC and Careers.