Newark Academy follows the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions Arrangements. More information on the
- Guidandance for Parents 2018-19
- County Council Admissions web page.
- Appeals Timetable 2018-2019
- Admissions Arrangements 2018-19
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and students have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Newark Family of Schools?
If your child attends one of the Newark Family of Schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Newark Academy during the summer term before transfer.
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term.
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in.
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Newark Family of Schools
We also admit students from other primary schools and into the Sixth Form, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Newark Academy for September 2018 will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for Appeals 2018 information.
- Year 8 Maths Assessment
Year 8 will be having a Maths assessment during the week commencing Monday 21st January. (Mathematics - 08/01/2019)
- Cross Country Runners run into County's
15 Qualifiers from the District Race (Physical Education - 13/12/2018)
- U14 Girls through to Basketball County Finals
Amazing play leads to next round (Physical Education - 13/12/2018)
- Maths Assessment
In-class maths assessment during week commencing 10th December. (Mathematics - 30/11/2018)
- Menin Gate, Ypres, Belgium - 11th November 2018
'LIVE ON 2018 - The Young People of Newark Remember' (Whole School - 15/11/2018)