When completing independent learning tasks students should follow the procedure set out below:
- Read through the relevant section of the Knowledge Organiser, as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Copy out the key words into the Practise Book to help ensure understanding.
- Students then complete the quiz questions into their Practise Book.
- Then from memory, students complete the quiz questions onto their Practise Sheets. Any questions incomplete or missing information should be added.
- Attempt the questions for a second time on a separate Practise Sheet to help retrieve the key information.
Students will then complete the ‘Knowledge Retrieval Quiz’ as a ‘Do Now’ activity in their lesson the following week that the independent learning has been set. If students underperform in these quizzes, then intervention will be set up to assist the student in their understanding – either at a lunchtime for KS3 or afterschool for KS4 students.