A new Careers team is now in place here at Newark Academy and our main aim is to drive aspirations of all students, across each year group, by developing a programme of careers education, information, and providing bespoke guidance and advice to all.
Our main priorities for this year will be to:
- Liaise with primary schools and introduce students from year 6-11 to a variety of jobs.
- Offer direction for year 11 students and help raise their awareness of different routes into higher education: sixth form, college and apprenticeships.
- Deliver professional careers guidance throughout the year.
- Provide guidance and support from all departments for subject-specific pathways into careers.
- Arrange university talks and visits.
- Organise mock interviews for year 11.
Our careers programme will support self-development and career exploration to ensure that students understand themselves and the influences upon them. This programme will also support students to make valuable decisions about routes and pathways and help them explore whether they have the necessary skills to equip them for employment.
If you click on the link below, this website will assist you with choosing or changing a career choice, searching for courses, job advice and personalised help from a careers advisor:
Parents or Carers
If you click on the link below, this website will provide you as parents or carers key advice to support your child at a fundamental stage of their life. This website will also help you support your child when making a career choice, choosing a college or university or will provide guidance on alternatives to higher education if your child would like to take another route.
- A weekend of sporting success
Regional finals for a group of talented students (Physical Education - 04/02/2019)
- Year 8 Maths Assessment
Year 8 will be having a Maths assessment during the week commencing Monday 21st January. (Mathematics - 08/01/2019)
- Cross Country Runners run into County's
15 Qualifiers from the District Race (Physical Education - 13/12/2018)
- U14 Girls through to Basketball County Finals
Amazing play leads to next round (Physical Education - 13/12/2018)
- Maths Assessment
In-class maths assessment during week commencing 10th December. (Mathematics - 30/11/2018)